Sunday 28 September 2014

Baking With My Lovely Nan

I'm certain that I get my love of baking from my nan. She's always made cakes and they're definitely at a bakery's standards (and I'm not being biased). I always say that one day I'll open a bakery for her and call it "Anne's Flans" even though the look and taste of a flan repulses me...

After I was born my mum and dad returned to work and so in the days I would go to my Nan and Grandad's house and I have the best memories of growing up there.It's given me such a close relationship to them both and I feel very lucky. 

I took Food Studies as a GCSE and actually achieved an A, which is a very rare occurrence for me.
My nan helped me all the time and we had so much fun thinking about all the things I could bake next (but I got my A on my own, don't worry).

So.. here's the ingredients for my Nan's beautiful butterfly cupcakes that she made just last Thursday:

4oz Butter
40z Self Raising Flour
4oz Sugar
2 Eggs
Betty crocker Butter cream Icing


Method:
The amount of ingredients above will make 15 Cupcakes.
Weigh out your ingredients then whisk the butter and sugar together.
Add the Flour and 2 beaten eggs gradually.

Bake in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius and keep an eye on them.
Bake until golden brown, this should take 10-15mins.
Make sure you turn them around half way through the bake.

Leave them to cool down.
My nan used ready made icing on this occasion,
 however you can use butter and icing sugar mixed together to make your own.
Use a  butter knife to cut a small hole out of the top of the cupcakes.
Use a Piping bag to pipe the icing into the small hole in the top of the cupcakes.
 















And here is the end result!



I would love to say that I helped and it was a lovely grandmother/granddaughter bonding experience but on this occasion I chatted away to her whilst she baked and ate the raw batter at the end.. Yum.

What's your favourite type of cupcake to make?

Jesly 

No comments:

Post a Comment